Alit Developments Alterra Aragon Ashcroft Homes Bank of Nova Scotia Baywood Homes Bazis Group BLVD Brookfield Burnac Burnac Corporation C.I.B.C C.N. Pension Fund Cadillac Fairview Camfrost – Felcorp Campeau Corporation Camrost Group of Companies Canada Trust Canderel Stoneridge Caraco Development Corp. Castlepoint Castlepoint Numa Centara Corporation Centennial GroupCentre Court Developments Channington Developments Cityzen Development Confederation Life Coopers & Lybrand Limited Coscan Corporation Cranberry Village Cresford Developments Creson Corporation Daniel Li Architects Deloitte and Touche Devron Developments Diam Developments Diamante Development Corp. Diamond corp Dollarton Investments Dundee Realty Corporation Dunpar Developments Edilcan Group Equifund Corporation Equitable TrustErnst & Young Fernbrook Homes First City Trust FRAM Building Group General American Real Estate Georgian Homes Gold List Construction “Goldman Group” Graywood Developments Great Gulf Greenwin Properties Grossman & Vranich H&R Developments Harbourfront Corporation Hing Lung Corporation Hunsons “8” Holdings Ltd. In8 Developments Intracorp Kaneff Properties Ltd. Kellner-Jourdan Konvey Construction Korank Development Lakeburn Corporation Lalu Canada Lanterra Developments Lash Developments Laurentian Bank of Canada Laurier HomesLee Development Lifetime Developments Tridel Lindvest London Life Mady Development Corporation Malibu Investments Mannington Developments Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment Marlin Spring Mattamy Homes Medhurst, Hogg, Sobottak Menkes Minto Developments Mirvish/Kofman Group Mollenhauer Properties Limited Monarch Group Mutual Development Corp. Nadlan-Harris Namara New Style Construction Norclair Investments Olympia & YorkParallax Peat Marwick Thorne Inc. Pemberton Group Peregrine Hunter Phantom Pianosi Development Corporatio Plazacorp Development Inc. Podium PRKRampart Construction Real Financial Corporation Royal Bank of Canada Royal Queen Developments Rylar Development Corporation Samm Developments Samoth Capital Scollard Development Corporation Shiu Pong Sierra Silverbell Holdings Silvercreek Slokker Canada Corporation Sobara Group Stafford Homes State Building Group Stinson Properties Stonat Developments TAS Design Build The Edilcan Group Limited The Princess Group The Torgan Group Time Developments Townscape Developments Triumph United Lands Corporation Urban Capital West Development Group Westclair Developments Westend Construction Winzen International Wyview Group York Hanover Developments Inc. York-Hannover & Confederation Life
We are Canada’s leading marketer of urban, master-planned, multi-phase communities
Our breadth of experience covers every facet of the new condominium marketplace. Although we have positioned and successfully sold boutique buildings, townhomes and resort properties, our greatest experience lies in the promotion and sales of mixed-use high-rise communities that change neighbourhoods, waterfronts and cityscapes.
- Site Acquisition
- Zoning and Approvals
- Building Design
- Branding & Marketing
- Sales Strategy
- On-site Sales
The Milborne Method
We believe the most direct route to success is a collaborative effort between our team and our client. Our proprietary process merges innovative market analysis, exhaustive research and real time insight with our clients’ product, vision and plan, to generate maximum exposure and impact with minimal expense.
Our leadership team
Selling real estate is both an art and a science. This philosophy started with President and CEO Hunter Milborne and is embraced by every member of our team.
Canadian Business Magazine recognizes C. Hunter Milborne as the “Dean of Condos”.
The high measure of his success is evident in the large volume of repeat business secured. He has firmly established Milborne Group as the dominant force in Canadian condominium marketing. Holding a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Toronto he is a sought-after speaker on the topic of Marketing and Sales.
Maryann has been with Milborne Group for 30 years. She has worked on several projects that were “pioneering” in nature, including the creation of new neighbourhoods and many multi-phased projects which created new opportunities for end-users and investors in many different market conditions. Since 1994 she has worked directly with Hunter on large projects both in the GTA and outside of it. She has been involved in the sale of more than 7,000 units valuing over $2.3 billion. She studied at Mount Saint Vincent University in Halifax before joining Milborne Group.
Specializing in Urban Development at the University of Western Ontario and active in the industry for over a decade, Charles has facilitated the sale of over $9 billion in real estate. He and his sales team were finalists in the 35th and 36th Annual BILD awards for Best Sales Team. He is presently managing projects totaling over $500 million in gross sales revenue.
Garlin is an accomplished and successful executive with over 20 years of real estate experience in the new condo sector. He has been instrumental in the sales and marketing of approximately 12,000 new condo units valued at nearly $5-billion dollars. His capabilities in managing sales and marketing endeavours, launch strategies, and development initiatives to achieve sales targets are unparalleled. With his expertise, Garlin has become adept in overseeing a wide variety of operating and fiscal responsibilities, ensuring peak sales performance and significant revenue enhancements. In addition, his previous involvement working for three large development companies enables Garlin to drive success in all aspects of a project. This valuable experience allows him to bring a developer’s intuition into his role at Milborne Group.
Born into a real estate family, Brian’s focus from an early age has been centred around sales. With over a decade of experience, Brian brings a unique perspective to the industry. He is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin and has cultivated deep relationships with Toronto’s platinum agents. Brian also has a strong relationship with real estate consultants and developers around the city. In the past three years, he has overseen the sale of $2 billion worth of real estate. He currently specializes in a number of pre-construction fields including student condominiums, stacked townhomes, freehold houses, luxury homes and mid-market projects.
James represents one of the highest levels of commitment at Milborne Group. In his four years of sales, working with some of the top developers in the GTA, he demonstrated exceptional discipline and mastered all levels of the pre-construction process. With an extensive knowledge of suite mix, floor plan design, and aggressive pricing strategies, he quickly elevated his position in the company and has helped managed the sale of over 4,000 units totaling over 2.5 Billion Dollars. James holds a degree in Economics from McGill University.
Kimberly has been working with Milborne Group for almost 9 years. She was introduced to real estate straight out of the University of Toronto where she achieved a BSc. in both International Relations and Psychology. She has a passion for real estate development and takes pride not only in her role as a Director of Sales and Marketing but also in the opportunity to be a part of such a dynamic industry. Kimberly is currently overseeing a number of projects valued at over $800 million and has assisted in the sales of over $2 billion worth of real estate.
Derek leads Milborne Group’s efforts in Ottawa and the surrounding area. He brings extensive consulting, project management, and sales experience which spans the development process from pre-planning to sell out. He works with developer clients to maintain sales and marketing timelines and also contributes to the implementation of strategic plans and reviews, preparing and completing project budgets and engaging in developer, sales, marketing and vendor collaboration. Prior to his role as Regional Director, Derek spent over 4 years as Senior Vice President of a boutique consulting firm. His passion and knowledge of new development is clearly displayed in his work and it comes with no surprise that clients are drawn to his calm but confident approach to project management.
Ben has been with Milborne Group since 1999. He has over 22 years of experience in the condominium industry, working with realtors and purchasers of all demographics, levels of knowledge and budgets. His strong industry knowledge contributes to the planning and development of a project from its inception. Ben is a superior relationship manager who works collaboratively to ensure success.
Milborne introduces the Work Sheet – an expression of interest that records the buyer’s requests and personal information and is subsequently used to write the deal.
11,697 condo units added to Toronto market
- 1976 – Milborne takes on the “MISTAKE ON THE LAKE” an almost dead project at 33 Harbour Square and sold 100 units in 100 days.
30,881 condo units added to Toronto market
- 1987 – 10,000 condos sold in Toronto (1/4 of the current value)
- 1989 – After a dip in 1987, the real end came in 1989, the city’s real estate bubble finally burst. Prices plummeted 40%.
- 1989-1994 A slow time in Toronto. No new launches in 5 years.
49,503 condo units added to the Toronto market. Prices sank more than 40% due to excess inventory of unsold condos
- 1991-1994 Milborne operated primarily out of Vancouver (founding of Intrawest)
- 1994 – Milborne and HR launch Metropole at 7 King E. Project sells out.
- 1995 – First tiered realtor program First VIP realtor event
- 1997 – The rise of condo “conversions” – factories marketed as lofts
- 1999 – C. Hunter Milborne identified as “Dean of Condos” – his scholarly/educated approach to sales put him in an unprecedented “class”
“Kings get deposed, Deans get tenure!”
103,683 condo units added to the Toronto market
- 2004 – Milborne changes the Agreement of Purchase and Sale by moving the signing page from the back of the contract to the first page, giving the pertinent details upfront. This revolutionized practice has been adopted industry-wide.
- 2005 – Milborne Group moves from Hazelton to Davenport
- 2006 – Mandatory inclusion of at least 10% 3 bedroom units in downtown condominium projects
- 2007 – Milborne (Sotheby’s) launches The Four Seasons with 200 units at a $700 million sell out ($1450 PSF), which defied dismal market statistics and initiated luxury condo product in Toronto.
- 2008 – Shangri-La begins construction
Milborne Group breaks 100 staff
- 2009 – Milborne Group separates Administrative function from Sales function – staff time is billed back at cost with no mark up
109,497 condo units added to the Toronto market
- 2013 – Hunter co-founds World Housing.org with “1 for 1” model. Currently in Cambodia, expanding to Haiti
Over 1000 homes given away to date
- 2016 – Milborne Group outsells every other market in Canada. 29-31 Roehampton: first re-development of a sold project broke 100,000 units sold. Record sales year: broke $2 billion in sales with over 5233 units sold – equivalent of 1 condo sold every hour. Hunter wins BILD Leadership Award for Lifetime Achievement
- 2017, May – 142 units sold by Milborne Group in 1 day, establishing a new record. Milborne Group’s efficiency resulted in clients and agents in and out of the sales office in less than 30 minutes
- 2017, June – 2.8 months of inventory available in the GTA. (Healthy market is 12 to 18 months supply.) Standing inventory of condos and homes at an all-time low.